Sunday, October 10, 2010

Life with the Connors.

My name is Billy. I turned 6 last month. We had organized quite a party and I was the centre of attraction. It felt so great. But yesterday, my world crashed around me. I accidentally found out I was adopted. I felt so confused. My parents tried consoling me, saying they I was with them since I was very small. Hell, I'd been with them even before we had Jamie.

Enter Jamie, I still remember, the first time I saw him when mom got him from the hospital. We'd hit it off from the very beginning. We'd go to school together, play together, even sleep together. Those days were fun. And then came the flu. It spread so fast, that we were caught unawares. It took away Jamie from us. Dad and mom were heartbroken. Some friends and relatives blamed my constant presence around Jamie as a possible cause. But Dad rebuffed all such claims.

Once Jamie was gone, however, life wasn't the same anymore. There was no one to play with. Sure I was pampered. But the odd night, I could hear mom quietly crying herself to sleep. I tried a lot to amuse her with my antics, but they were of no use. Molly, my mom, was broken from the inside. I couldn't really understand why she was so sad, after all, she did have me.

When I came to know however, that I was adopted, did things become a bit clear. Jamie was their biological child. I wasn't the same. I still felt the same amount of love towards my parents, but I wasn't sure they felt the same anymore. I felt like running away from here, my mind a confused mess of sadness, and bitterness. I finally decided that everything would turn out fine with time and that all these emotions were to complicated for me to understand right away. After all, I'm only a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment